Outrage over Ayaan Hirsi Ali






Last night I was watching the Kelly File on Fox News and I came across the story on Ayaan Hirsi Ali, who is said to be very controversial according to Fox News and other sources on Islam. She is a Somali-born activist, writer and politician who at one point was a Muslim, but now considers her self an atheist. Now, I don't mind whether or not she is Muslim, Atheist, Christian or any other religion. I just don't want someone like her who has no knowledge of Islam giving others false information and views on the religion. She is called on to speak on television and events to talk about Islam. First of all,  if you're going to speak about the religion do not base your facts on assumptions. No one has said anything about Ms. Ali being Atheist, but why is she trying to be the spokesperson for Muslims when she's clearly isn't one at all?  Just because she was at one point doesn't make her a scholar on Islam. I suggest her to stop pouring unnecessary ideas and information on viewers and listeners' heads and let the scholars of the religion speak and educate for themselves. Maybe if she listens to them and gain more knowledge on Islam, she wouldn't have these controversial views of the religion.

Furthermore, Ms. Hirsi Ali is scheduled to speak at Yale University on Monday as a continuation
  on her hatred speeches on Islam. The Muslim organization along with other organizations at Yale want her to be condemned so that she doesn't mislead people into believing in her radical beliefs on Islam. I myself am a Kenyan-born Somali and I feel very offended which is why I wanted to share my thoughts and feelings about this developing story. Since Ms. Ali is Somali, I believe she has Muslim relatives in her family who would not appreciate what she is conveying. I don't mind her speaking up and advocating on the other issues she speaks of as long as she keeps it neutral. Meaning not say things that she knows will offend others.


Everyone is talking about the idea of freedom of speech which I believe is being abused and also an excuse for almost everything these days. What Ms. Hirsi Ali is doing wouldn't be a freedom of speech in my understanding. You don't speak about something in which you know is going to create a big conflict especially when it will eventually affect the whole world. Muslims live every where and once the story spreads out, it will surely be a problem. Who knows, it might even fire up the terrorist groups. Therefore, I am against anything Ayaan Hirsi Ali has to say about my religion at the moment and hope that she stops teaching this nonsense ideology of Islam.


 Finally, Ayaan Hirsi Ali can talk all the trash she can about Islam. For all I know, Muslims around the world including me are very much proud of our religion! Furthermore, I have no hate or bias towards Fox News, I'm just not afraid of sharing my opinions. I'm actually a fan of Mr. Oreilly, Geraldo, Stossel, etc. I'm also trying to get at least one of Oreilly's books!
















Marissa Medansky

Yale Daily News

Medansky: Against Credentialism

2014/09/12



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uVD3fkPVUE


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Young Voices of Milwaukee

Black Boxes Reportedly Found In The Disappearance Of AirAsia Flight 8501

Suspects Identified On French Newspaper Attack