Democrats And Republicans: Does It Matter?


While Democrats and Republicans are making their final push to win offices across the U.S., they are still debating whether they'll serve the American people or let them down with broken promises and failed bills. Here in Wisconsin, as Scott Walker and Mary Burke along with many other Republicans and Democrats battle out, the United States map will be changing from red to blue and from blue to red. The most important thing for us U.S. residents is whether we'll actually have a Congress where both parties compromise and work together for the better of our country. As we all know that Washington is currently broken apart. We have the right to vote for candidates who are going to do their job and listen to our voices. Not people who run for office just for the fame and the glory of it.

So far this century all I've seen was two parties debating and arguing back and forth blaming each other on the promises made to the American people. The only question I have whether the Senate has a dominant of Republican or Democrat is: will Washington get back to work after the election or will their little disputes continue? To me and many people across the U.S. it doesn't matter what party you're associated with as long as you vow to do your job. This same reason is why I identify myself as an Independent or Bipartisan voter. I could care less about what party you're affiliated with as long as I agree with your policies and doctrines.

  In addition to that, do these parties know how frustrated the American people are? This past Sunday I was helping out for the Governors race here in Wisconsin assisting with canvasing going door to door reaching out for voters. Suddenly, I came across two voters who really caught my attention. One of them being a law enforcement stated, "I don't care who wins as long as we the people get what we want from our leaders! We want someone who treats us like equals not someone who will only work for the rich(referring to incumbent Scott Walker) and not the good of the people." This really got me scratching my head. I was helping out the Mary Burke Campaign with getting people to vote not necessarily for Mrs. Burke. My purpose was just trying to understand how elections work and what is usually done behind the scenes. I actually don't support any of the candidates. I honestly didn't care who was running, all I wanted was to get a behind the scenes experience on the process of running for office just out of curiosity. Furthermore, the other voter stated, "It doesn't matter who we vote for! Candidates make important promises, yet they choose to do otherwise. Now I don't know if the person I vote for will fulfill her (Mary Burke) promises, but she can't do any worse than the incumbent." This is when I started feeling the pressure because my family has been affected in many of the issues that were brought up this year whether it was the Affordable Care Act or Immigration. I could feel the anxiety of that voter.

Like I've mentioned, I'm not old enough to vote, but I do have a voice in all of this because it affects me daily. Besides, since I distinguish myself as a community activist, issues that matter don't have to impact my family. If I see a big issue that affects my community and other groups of people, I will take action and work to help those people in the settlement of those issues!

In the end, its us who put these leaders into office and its us who can remove them out of office
  if we come to realize that they're not fulfilling their promises. This shows that politicians are nothing without the people.













Z. Byron Wolf

7 things that will almost definitely happen on election night

CNN Politics

CNN

14/11/04

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/03/politics/7-things-will-happen-election-night/

Stephen Collinson

Dems put up brave face ahead of election

CNN Politics

CNN

2014/11/04

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/03/politics/monday-midterm-leadall-democrats-hope/index.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Young Voices of Milwaukee

Black Boxes Reportedly Found In The Disappearance Of AirAsia Flight 8501

Suspects Identified On French Newspaper Attack